Followers:

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Modern US Army: M113 A3 work in progress volume #2






Got some time to spare and started painting my M113 APC. I used black spray for a primer, gave the armour a first layer of Tamiya's Flat Earth to add some natural shades in the recesses and went on mixing Vallejo's Desert Yellow with Pale Sand (approx. 2:1 mix) for the actual paintjob.
I wanted to match the colour of the Dragon diecast vehicles I have and I came pretty close to their camouflage's tone.
Now I need to paint all the stowage. That's going to take longer. ;-)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Hetairoi said...

Take it easy... The mini worth it!

Dogui said...

I just love the M113. It´s the only model I have ever built in a scale bigger than 1/72. And I don´t play moderns, nor collect bigger models!

Chris M. aka "Sgt. Scream" said...

Took me 7.5 hours only to apply the basic colours for all of the stowage. *headbang*