Followers:

Thursday 28 June 2012

Modern US Army: my latest additions

Like I said in my previous postings, currently I am working off all those little things that I kept buying over the years but never painted. xD
The little addition to my US Army force shown below are a couple of those items that were sitting on the "to do" list for way too long...
 From left to right: Elhiem medic, Stonewall Platoon 20 grenadier, Force of Valor wounded soldier with comrade (repainted), Stonewall Platoon 20 rifleman, Elhiem "breacher" with shotgun
The same models' back show the various loadouts from different eras. Normally you shouldn't mix them as they are representing different timeframes of action. I just placed them next to each other cause they were painted at the same time and because it shows you how they mix size-wise. All are labelled as 1/72 or 20mm.


6 comments:

Daisy Gowan Ditchburn said...

good work I think we all have those unfinished figs lying around.

Paul Liddle said...

Very nice, good painting and basing.
I like the way you've painted the UCP.

Paul

Vladdd309 said...

Fantastic work, the injured soldier fig looks great! Not heard of Forces of Valor, are the a US company?

Paul said...

Really nice attention to detail Chris. Well done.

LittleNicky said...

Looking good as usual. One criticism, I believe the head on the Elhiem Medic is suppose to be removed and then re positioned on the model. That is what I did with mine and it makes the model look a lot more natural.

Chris M. aka "Sgt. Scream" said...

@Vladdd309:

Forces Of Valor is a trademark of 1/72 diecast collectibles. They have all sorts of military vehicles, ready built and painted. They used to do infantry sets of which most figures aren't very useful as the plastic is VERY soft and the rifles mostly are bent into strange angles ^^ However some figs are nice bits to play around with (like the guy carrying his comrade).