Followers:

Sunday 10 September 2017

AvP: Unleashed "Dutch" and "the Sarge" skin tones finished

So, after taking some advice that sounded like "If you find that the contrast between highlight, base and shadow is too high consider glazing all the flesh with a very, very dilute glaze of the original flesh base (...)" by dwartist, I did exactly as he suggested.

I must admit, his expierence pays off. After I did as I was told this morning, the faces look more natural then before. "Dutch" is the best painted face in my entire collection. Very satisfied at the moment, but trying to increase even that level with more practise. There are plenty more humans to be painted, so that should do it.

I am still not quite happy with the crude sculpt of "the Sarge's" face, but after some clean-up and touch-up like I did on "Dutch" it looks okay to me. I am especially pleased with the front tip of the cigarette he's smoking.

All reference pictures I found on Maj. "Dutch" Schaefer of Capcom's beat-'em-up game show him with a hair colour somewhere between a bright brown tone and blond. Hope that's good enough what I could achieve here. Oh, and since the entire character seems to be somewhat inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger's performance in the original "Predator" movie, I thought giving "Dutch" some subtle beard stubble won't look out of place. Tell me, what do you think?

Some pics and as always any comments are highly appreciated.







1 comment:

Wouter said...

Outstanding work on their faces!