Monday, 31 January 2011
Sunday, 30 January 2011
Friday, 28 January 2011
Thursday, 27 January 2011
- I received some S&S modern German Army soldiers that will act as my dismounts for a KSK Serval - they'll get head-swops for having the look of soldiers covering their faces with a Shemagh.
- I have some elhiem Figures inbound to cover the missing positions of medic (US Army and one for the USMC), a point-man with Shotgun (one Army, one USMC), a sniper team for my German Bundeswehr (Shooter and Spotter), TOW Gunner (for some HMMWVs), gunners for .50cal (HMMWVs) and some other stuff that still needs to get finished for Iraq 2003+.
- Finally - the decals have arrived for House Davion and House Kurita. The already finished models will get those applied soon.
- The "Rifleman" is almost done, pictures to follow soon (weekend maybe, if I am quick).
- Two HMMWVs for the USMC and one for the US Army will be finished soon. Pics to follow.
Other than the above list of the very next stuff to arrive for painting, I am very happy about the increase in "hits" onto this tiny little blog. When I wrote my new year's greetings the page had 19.800 something "hits".
We are not yet in February of this year and I just broke through 24.000 !!! That's 4000 times people visiting my blog in less than a month. I am speechless and feel honoured.
Please, keep your comments coming. I share my work to receive feedback. Thanks, to all of you.
Monday, 24 January 2011
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Saturday, 22 January 2011
Sunday, 16 January 2011
Next units in the pipe: 4x "Ravager" (Davion's second squad) and a "Rifleman" as well as a "Longbow".
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Monday, 10 January 2011
They aren't finished to be honest, as they still lack details - especially the "Federated Suns" decals, but I haven't ordered any yet so that got to wait. Once again I tossed in the 18mm Modern US Rifleman - just for scale.
Friday, 7 January 2011
Thursday, 6 January 2011
I ripped apart the "Targe's" clicky-base (wizkids dial) and left the upper part on their feet. It serves as perfect 45mm disc-shaped base. Only had to fill the gap where you read the clicky-dial with some green stuff.
The "Kanazuchi" Power Armored troops have been put on 30mm steel washers. I had to add a little "hill" of green stuff, as otherwise they will be a tad on the small side compared to 15mm pewter. Seen from distance you won't really be able to tell later.
The "Ravager" is huge for a Battle Armor. I have put these little shock troops on GW flight bases (small diameter, without the actual flight stand), they'll be looking fine - even directly next to 15mm troops. Once the green stuff and model putty has dried, I'll sand the bases and show you the pictures before they will be painted.
I have added a little flavour to the mix with minor conversions. For example I cut off some of the missile warheads in their launchers and drilled a hole into same spot - just like they've just been fired. I also did some re-posing on the "Ravager" armored troops.
House Davion's 3rd Crucis Lancers will get the traditional green paintjob with yellow trim, while the 8th Dieron Regulars utilize a disruptive camo pattern, which I have borrowed from a Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Guard regiment. (I know, I know, blasphemy that is! - but I liked the colours *blushes*). Stay tuned!