Followers:

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Bundeswehr ISAF: Waffenträger Wiesel 1 tanks with 20mm MK and TOW






After a whole afternoon of work my two Waffenträger Wiesel 1 light tanks are ready for gaming. They were painted in standard Nato 3-tone camo with Tamiya's Acrylic paint. Once I was done, I washed the whole vehicles with some thinned Devlin Mud (GW) and let it dry.
The ISAF decals are from Peddinghouse Decals and I carefully applied a few here and there. The Wiesels I have seen on pictures are all really dirty and dust covers every inch of them, hence I drybrushed the hull and tracks with a lot of Vallejo Iraqi Sand for a worn look.
The crew was painted the same way as the rest of my modern Revell Germans. For the small flags attached to the antennas I simply used MS paint and then printed them, cut them out and glued them into place.

1 comment:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice kit and paint job

For some reason it reminds me of the British WWII Vickers light tank